What is the general outlook of a bear market? A negative market where people lose money and investments go down. On the contrary, a report by DappRadar on blockchain games in Q3 of 2022 shows some interesting positive numbers.
First, web3 games and metaverse projects raised $1.3 billion in Q3, 2022 with gaming accounting for more than 50% of the activities across 50 chains, the report states. According to the findings, “Alien Worlds and Splinterlands remain the two most played blockchain games, with over 160,000 daily UAW registered in September”.
Gameta, a blockchain game on the BNB Chain, and Benji Bananas, a game produced by Animoca Brands, showed good metrics in September. While the former was the most used dapp in September, the latter “had a rise in unique active wallets of over 2,400% from the previous month”.
Move-to-earn exceeds market expectations
SweatCoin minted 10,000 NFTs on Near Protocol, OliveX (developers of Dustland) partnered with the Sandbox to develop its metaverse, and Step App will be on iOS and Android by December 2022, the DappRadar team added. Also, Genopets released a new app version as StepN celebrated its first anniversary.
Other interesting results from the report include:
- Hadean, a London-based startup raised $30 million to develop a metaverse;
- Guild of Guardians entered into a partnership with Cloud9, Fnatic, NAVI, Ninjas in Pyjamas, NRG, SK Gaming, T1, and Team Liquid;
- Atari is featured on the Sandbox metaverse
- Star Atlas of Solana blockchain and Blankos Block Party featured on the Epic Games Store
- Vulcan Forged raised $8 million to develop further develop Metascapes
- Axie Infinity released new products and features as they hosted the first AxieCon event
- The Sandbox Alpha Season 3 was launched in August
The entire scenario that has played out shows that “blockchain gaming’s future is bright, and it is on track to become the frontrunner for Web3,” the DappRadar team said.
What do you think of this article? Share your comments below.