Football is a global sport and has created an industry of billions of dollars and in this article we shall explore what aspects can make it into GameFi
Sony’s PlayStation series 3, 4, and 5’s gaming hardware revenue amounted to 5 billion U.S. dollars in the year 2020. With the launch of PlayStation 5 in November 2020, the revenue from hardware sales is forecast to increase in the following years.
Sony has broken its own financial first quarter profit records, with its Game & Network Services division (driven by PlayStation sales) also breaking its own revenue records for the same period.
Announced in Sony’s Q1 financial earnings report, the company’s operating profit rose to approximately $2.57 billion USD – a 26% rise year-on-year, and a record for the quarter.
That rise has been driven by increased demand for games and home entertainment during COVID-19 restrictions across the world.
With this increased demand for consoles and games, how should PlayStation respond to game development?
One of the most popular games on consoles are football games.
However, these games still don’t have a play to earn structure. How can they pivot to get into play to earn gaming?
- Football Progress (Master League): These game options offer continued play where gamers can develop a team through the years acting as managers. This structure can be pivoted into a play to earn structure. When players continue their play for a long time, they win trophies, get revenue for the team they are managing. An easy pivot point is to have such progress converted to NFTs and that can be tradable into other tokens.
- Player Ratings: While game play allows managers to accumulate revenue and growth in trophies. The players also increase their ability and in some cases, they become profoundly good so that they can be used by users in alternate games.
Will it be possible for such player growth to be converted to NFTs for the players to exchange for tokens?
- Player Celebration: Cristiano Ronaldo has a very different team celebration for his goals. A lot of players also have different beautiful celebrations for when they score a goal.
Can players/gamers develop their own goal celebrations and then make NFTs that can be exchanged among players to gain some tokens? The staking model might be excellent for this.
This doesn’t dictate an exhaustive list of all that’s possible in football gaming. It mentions some ideas that can be worked on.
However, as always we would be rather surprised by what is eventually done to get football gaming to become a play to earn model.
What do you think of this article? Share your comments below.
Latest Episode on Inside Blockchain
Crypto News Update
Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa
The advent of Bitcoin has paved the way for seamless cross-border payments. The demand for third-party intervention in financial transactions...
Explore, Build Assets, Fight and Earn in the Supernova Space
A new economy was opened in 2017 when blockchain was integrated into gaming to produce the first Web3 game: CryptoKitties....
Owl.Games: The Rise of Crypto Games in the Casino Industry
Crypto gaming used to be new a few years ago but it’s going mainstream now. However, there are some sectors...
BCAT Africa: Reducing Unemployment in Africa
One of the greatest lines spoken in the Spiderverse is “with great power comes great responsibility”, although it can be...
Gamified NFT Platform Trove Announces Launch Partners SideQuest
Trove has announced its new Launch Partnership with SideQuest, a gamified risk-to-earn NFT collection. It was announced on Twitter today. ...
- Move To Earn: Keep Fit, Sport, Connect and Earn on the Calo Metaverse
- Top 5 Move-to-earn Applications on Google Playstore
- Top Move-to-Earn Projects Below $100 Million Market Cap
- MetaRuffy: An Intersection of Blockchain, Web3, VR, and AR
- Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa