NEAR Protocol has called on developers around the world to participate in the NEAR MetaBUILD III Hackathon. The NEAR MetaBUILD III Hackathon is an opportunity for builders to create new products on the NEAR protocol or migrate already existing products to the Near protocol while solving real life problems.
Builders who qualify based on the criteria will be able to access prizes worth a total of $1 million in the NEAR cryptocurrency.
Interested teams or individuals are expected to fulfil the following requirements to qualfiy for participation in the hackathon:
- Can apply with a project built on the NEAR protocol between September 23, 2022, 10:00 am Eastern Time and November 21, 2022, 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Can apply with a Web2 project that’s integrating with blockchain features during the hackathon.
- Must be 18 years plus and not from any of these countries.
- Must submit a URL of the open-source code repository of your project for judging and testing. This code must have an open-source license like any of these: MIT – https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT; Apache 2.0 – https://opensource.org/licenses/Apache-2.0; 3-Clause BSD – https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause.
- Must create and share publicly a not more than 3 mins demo video of your project on YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook while identifying the Prize Track their project fits into – Native or Web2 to Web3.
Criteria for judging, Judges, and prizes
The criteria for deciding winners are: technological implementation (how useful and relevant is the integration of the project with NEAR protocol?); Design (what is the user experience and overall design of the project?); potential impact (is the project open source and how valuable will the project be in the NEAR ecosystem?); quality of the idea (how unique and creative is the idea?); and project sustainability (how viable and realistic is the project?).
The hackathon will be judged by a fourteen-person judge for all projects, and these include Illia Polosukhin, Co-Founder of NEAR Inc; Marieke Flament, CEO of NEAR Foundation; Alex Shevchenko, CEO of Aurora Labs; Julie Bissinger, CEO of Pagoda; Sasha Hudzilin, Co-creator, HumanGuild.io; Carolin Wend, COO, Mintbase; and Taras Dovgal, CEO, Kikimora Labs.
Hackathon winners and prizes
Participants at the first place, second place, and third place for the category of projects built on the NEAR protocol will be awarded $100,000 in NEAR, $80,000 in NEAR, and $50,000 in NEAR, respectively.
Winners in the Web2 to Web3 category will be awarded $100,000 in NEAR, $80,000 in NEAR, and $50,000 in NEAR for first place, second place, and third place respectively. In addition, 15 NEAR Native projects mentioned by the judges will get $20,000 in NEAR each, while 12 Web 2 to Web 3 projects mentioned by the judges will get $20,000 in NEAR each.
- Registration Period: August 23, 2022 (10:00 am Eastern Time) – September 23, 2022 (10:00 am Eastern Time)
- Submission Period: September 23, 2022 (10:00 am Eastern Time) – November 21, 2022 (5:00 pm Eastern Time)
- Judging Period: November 23, 2022 (10:00 am Eastern Time) – December 2, 2022 (5:00 pm Eastern Time)
- Winners Announced: On or around December 15, 2022 (2:00 pm Eastern Time).