Solana is making headway by releasing a Mobile Stack Device for Android mobile phones to fast-track the usage of Web3 applications on mobile devices. This is a product from one of Solana Labs’ subsidiaries, Solana Mobile. Alongside this development is a mobile phone from Saga that will first feature this innovative Web3 project and will be released soon.
What is SMS?
— Solana (@solana) June 23, 2022
“The Solana Mobile Stack provides key technologies for building Android applications that can interact with the Solana network,” says the GitHub Community. With it, developers can build Web3 apps that can work with Android-Solana integration seamlessly. It “will help you to use the Solana network on Android devices,” says the site.
Read this also:
- Understanding Solana, it’s Proof of History & Smart Contract
- Solanart; the First NFT Marketplace with a Launchpad on Solana
- Top Move to Earn Projects on Solana
Components and Support for SMS
The Solana Mobile Stack is a product of a community-focused effort to make Web3 utilities available for anyone around the world. The basic components of the device are:
- Mobile Wallet Adapter: An open-source protocol that helps to connect apps and native Android apps to wallets on mobile devices.
- Seed Vault: A mobile inbuilt system designed to keep private keys, seed phrases, and secrets separated without losing touch with apps on a mobile device.
- Solana Pay for Android: A payment system that permits users to initiate payment using Solana.
- Solana dApp Store: A decentralized store built on Solana where Android apps can be launched and accessed by users. It is designed to co-exist with Google Play on the same device so that users can access Web2 and Web3 apps respectively.
Solana has also set aside a $10 million grant for developers to enhance the development of native mobile dApps on the Solana Mobile Stack.
What do you think of this article? Share your comments below.