Since its creation in 2009, Bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity. However, with this popularity comes some “untruths” that some people or authorities spread. Gaius, in his recently published book, takes a look at 5 lies that are frequently told about Bitcoin.
1.Bitcoin is MMM: No, Bitcoin is not related to any Ponzi scheme. It is a digital currency and not a pyramid scheme where you rob Peter to pay Paul.
2. Bitcoin will make you rich instantly: this is a total lie. It took me 5 years to gain profit from my initial investment in Bitcoin. If you want to get rich instantaneously bitcoin isn’t for you.
3. To own Bitcoin, you must “buy at least one Whole Bitcoin”. This is not true as Bitcoins are divisible to eight decimal places, or 1/100 millionth of a bitcoin called satoshis. This means you can own bitcoin worth a thousand naira or even a hundred naira.
4. Bitcoins does not have any intrinsic value: Most people fear that Bitcoin lacks value because it’s supply is finite but this is a lie as Bitcoins offers a safer, faster, cheaper transaction network. Since people utilise it for transactions, it has value.
5. Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities more than cash: This is a lie because Bitcoin can be easily traced and offers less anonymity than cash. So while criminals prefer cash, investigators prefer Bitcoin as it is easier to catch these criminals.
These excerpts are from his best selling book “How Bitcoin Changed My Life” now on Amazon. Get a copy.
Do you share similar views with Gaius? If yes what other lie would you like to add to this list? If no what is your take on the topic? Drop your opinions in the comment section
The Information provided on the website is designed to provide helpful information regarding cryptocurrency subjects. The content is not meant to be used, nor should it be used as a basis, foundational knowledge or prerequisite for decision making regards trading. Always do your own research and due diligence before placing a trade. We are not liable for any outcome based on any content found on the site.
Latest Episode on Inside Blockchain
Crypto News Update
Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa
The advent of Bitcoin has paved the way for seamless cross-border payments. The demand for third-party intervention in financial transactions...
Explore, Build Assets, Fight and Earn in the Supernova Space
A new economy was opened in 2017 when blockchain was integrated into gaming to produce the first Web3 game: CryptoKitties....
Owl.Games: The Rise of Crypto Games in the Casino Industry
Crypto gaming used to be new a few years ago but it’s going mainstream now. However, there are some sectors...
BCAT Africa: Reducing Unemployment in Africa
One of the greatest lines spoken in the Spiderverse is “with great power comes great responsibility”, although it can be...
Gamified NFT Platform Trove Announces Launch Partners SideQuest
Trove has announced its new Launch Partnership with SideQuest, a gamified risk-to-earn NFT collection. It was announced on Twitter today. ...
- Move To Earn: Keep Fit, Sport, Connect and Earn on the Calo Metaverse
- Top 5 Move-to-earn Applications on Google Playstore
- Top Move-to-Earn Projects Below $100 Million Market Cap
- MetaRuffy: An Intersection of Blockchain, Web3, VR, and AR
- Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa