At a very high level, most NFTs are part of the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum is a cryptocurrency, like bitcoin or dogecoin, but its blockchain also supports these NFTs, which store extra information that makes them work differently from an Ethereum coin ($ETH). It is worth noting that other blockchains have their own versions of NFTs.
Non-fungible tokens, often referred to as NFTs, are blockchain-based tokens that each represent a unique asset like a piece of art, digital content, or media. An NFT can also be defined as an irrevocable digital certificate of ownership and authenticity for a given asset, whether digital or physical.
NFTs can really be anything digital (such as paintings, music, domain names, videos, GIFs or your brain downloaded and turned into an AI), but a lot of the current excitement is around using the tech to sell digital art. Nonetheless, NFTs are constantly evolving and appear to present more utilities and use cases beyond the speculative and financial benefits.
On the Inside Blockchain show today, Karla Obakpolor Founder/CEO of two tech startups; Qlip and Crypto Smart, joins us to explore and unravel the value and utility that can be derived from NFTs. Karla disclosed that she considers herself as a “builder – someone who is passionate about building solutions for Africa”
Crypto Smart is a Crypto Asset Management Company with a vision to build sustainable wealth.
Qlip is Africa’s No.1 cross-chain NFT platform built on the BNB Smart Chain that provides value for creators, collectors, mainstream artists and decentralized store users. Despite some setbacks encountered on the path to build & innovate, Qlip has remained undaunted and achieved major milestones such as;
- Beningin Collectibles – The BENINGIN collection is a collection of 50 distinctly designed African-centric NFTs that portray different physical attributes of the tribes and regions across Africa. To purchase or know more, click here
- 5th Avenue – the First African Movie to release premier NFTs. 5th Avenue is an action packed & thrilling movie. The storyline tells a remarkable experience of an ambitious man with good intentions for his political career who is faced with daunting choices to make which seem to counter his integrity. To know more about this project, click here
ICYMI | Watch the video below:
Explainer Video on Qlip;
More Videos on NFTs (#LetsTalkNFTs);
The Inside Blockchain Show is brought to you by Cryptotvplus
What do you think about this video? We would appreciate your feedback
Latest Episode on Inside Blockchain
Crypto News Update
Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa
The advent of Bitcoin has paved the way for seamless cross-border payments. The demand for third-party intervention in financial transactions...
Explore, Build Assets, Fight and Earn in the Supernova Space
A new economy was opened in 2017 when blockchain was integrated into gaming to produce the first Web3 game: CryptoKitties....
Owl.Games: The Rise of Crypto Games in the Casino Industry
Crypto gaming used to be new a few years ago but it’s going mainstream now. However, there are some sectors...
BCAT Africa: Reducing Unemployment in Africa
One of the greatest lines spoken in the Spiderverse is “with great power comes great responsibility”, although it can be...
Gamified NFT Platform Trove Announces Launch Partners SideQuest
Trove has announced its new Launch Partnership with SideQuest, a gamified risk-to-earn NFT collection. It was announced on Twitter today. ...
- MetaRuffy: An Intersection of Blockchain, Web3, VR, and AR
- Crypto Bootcamp Community Celebrates Bitcoin Pizza Day Across Africa
- Crypto Market Crash: The Truth about Luna & UST Collapse
- Explore, Build Assets, Fight and Earn in the Supernova Space
- Owl.Games: The Rise of Crypto Games in the Casino Industry