US based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase has reported a $2 billion net revenue for the second quarter of the year.
The company published a report detailing its financial statements. According to the document, Coinbase financial metrics showed a $2.033 billion net revenue with a better income of 1.606 billion dollars.
It’s retail monthly users saw a 44% growth to 8.8 million.
Compared to Q2, 2020, Coinbase trading volume by 16.5 times from $28billion to $462 billion. It’s assets on the platform also grew from $26b in Q2, 2020 to $180bn in Q2, 2021. Though this was higher in Q1, 2021.
Other notable growth are the monthly users which went from 1.5m in Q2, 2020 to 8.8m in Q2, 2021 and it’s Adjustable EBITDA which saw a huge increase of $61m in Q2, 2020 to $1.15 billion in Q2, 2021.
Coinbase Growth in institutional business and partners
Coinbase revealed it currently has over 9,000 institutional users and 160,000 industry partners. These partners includes
firms such as SpaceX, Tesla, PNC Bank, Wisdomtree and Third Point LLC including Elon Musk himself.
According to Coinbase institutions are choosing it because of “the deep pools of liquidity we offer, our sophisticated algorithmic order execution, as well as the trust that comes with being a public company”
Coinbase asset trading volume analysis
The document published showed that Ethereum’s Ether held a 26% market dominance on the platform. Bitcoin (BTC) held a 24% dominance in trading volume in Q2. Other cryptocurrencies together hold 50%
Most of the trading on the platform came from Institutional businesses with them having a $317 billion trading volume compared to retail traders who commanded a $145 billion in Trade Volumes.
What do you think of this story? Shaee your comments below
VanEck to Give Clients Access to Crypto by Offering a Solana ETF
Solana based DEX, Orca Closes $18M Series A Round
We don’t expect all businesses to adopt e-Naira –CBN
We chose Bitt Inc for the e-Naira because of Capacity & Experience – CBN
KB24 Launches NFTs Collection in Memory of Kobe Bryant, Proceeds to be Given to Charity
President of Turkey Says the Country is at War with Cryptocurrencies
Monetary Policy has been replaced with tyranny; e-Naira will be a flop – Chiagozie Iwu
El Salvador Adds Fresh 150 Bitcoins as BTC Price Slides
10 Days after Adopting Bitcoin, El Salvador Records 17% Adoption for its Wallet Chivo
Watch the Latest Edition of Inside Blockchain – 29th Nov. 2020
Crypto Roast is LIVE – 27th Nov. 2020
AMA Series with Beam CTO & Tech Lead, Alex Romanov
Keep it Locked on to Cryptotvplus
Inside Blockchain | 16.11.2020
Inside Blockchain: WHY YOU SHOULD BECOME A BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPER
How Blockchain Technology Can Transform Governance In Africa
E-naira Project Award to BITT Raises Regulatory Questions
The Central Bank of Nigeria’s e-naira Project has generated a number of questions lately. The most recent is the contention...
Ecosystem Growth Fund: The newest ways to market and promote blockchain platforms
Fantom, Harmony, Algorand & OKEx has in less than a month announced a billion dollars fund to boost development on...
TOKEN2049 Returns for In-Person Event this October in London
Highly anticipated conference at the forefront of the digital assets space marks the return of one of the first major...
OKEx Launches Super Affiliate Program
Are you a KOL or content creator in the crypto space? Do you want to boost your earning by introducing...
Influencers Are the Drive behind NFTs Popularization – Karla Obarkpolor
The founder of NFT marketplace Qlipit and Crypto Asset Management Company, Crypto Smart has stated that influencers have played big...